Atli Orvarsson has been tapped to score the upcoming CBS drama FBI. The show is developed by Dick Wolf (Law & Order, NYPD Blue) and stars Missy Peregrym, Jeremy Sisto, Zeeko Zaki and Ebonee Noel. The series explores the inner workings of the New York office of the FBI, bringing to bear all the Bureau’s skills, intellect and mind-blowing technology to keep New York and the country safe. Wolf is also producing the Universal TV Studios & CBS Television Studios production with Peter Jankowski, Arthur Forney, showrunner Craig Turk (The Good Wife, Private Practice) as well as Niels Arden Oplev (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Dead Men Down) who also directed the first episode. Orvarsson has previously scored several shows for Wolf and the producers, including Chicago Fire, Chicago Med and Chicago P.D., all of which been renewed for new seasons to debut this fall on NBC. FBI will premiere this fall and air every Tuesday night on CBS. Visit the official show website for updates.

As previously reported, Orvarsson’s upcoming feature projects include the action thriller How It Ends starring Theo James, Kat Graham & Forest Whitaker (to premiere this summer on Netflix), the Jacob’s Ladder reboot starring Michael Ealy & Nicole Beharie, as well as the animated feature Ploey – You Never Fly Alone

1. Sherri says:

On the preview of FBI where they show the 18 graves, what is the name of the song that is playing during the preview. Lyrics are stand up and fight.

2. Julie George says:

Just want to say I am getting so tired of all the music on Dick Wolf’s many shows. It drives me crazy with its quivering tones rising and falling throughout conversations, apparently attempting to build up tension and suspense as we come to the climax of the situation whatever it is. Sometimes it overwhelms and we cannot even hear the voices of the actors. Mr. Wolf should look into this. NOT good at all. Let the actors build suspense and emotion by their acting. I really like FBI and the three shows Med, Police and Fire department series on Wednesday, I believe. But the music grates on my nerves and detracts from the drama. Thanks for listening.

• I looove everything Julie George does not like. I would love to have all that background music by Atli Orvarsson: from FBI, CHI FIRE, CHI PD … Whatever the cost!!!

• Lois Slack says:

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Julie George says. The music is AWFUL! There is an art to scoring; it’s not just constant noise pollution, which is what is happening with FBI and I’ve noticed it on other shows as well. I laughed out loud at one point in a show where an FBI car was driving around a corner and the so-called music was at maximum levels obviously trying to make drama where it wasn’t. There is almost never a quiet stillness for the actors to build the tension; the music hammers at you throughout. This is not effective. It is not even appropriate. It’s as if the scorer isn’t even listening to the action. It would be laughable if it weren’t so annoying. Please reconsider.

• Richard says:

I agree that the music is way to loud to the point one can not hear the dialogue.

• DB says:

Apparently the producers of this show can’t hear the voices expressed here over the din of the music. Either that or they just don’t care. I wonder how many other people have opted to just change the channel because of it…
      It has to be pretty bad for me to take the time to google the source in order to express an opinion about it.

3. FBI season 2 – episode 1.

That episode was called Little Egypt, and now I am hoping someone can tell me what the name of the song that was played for it’s Trailer? Please can someone tell me?

4. Victor says:

You who dont like the score are obviousley “Old as hell” or just old minded, Im 55 Years old but as former DJ and music producer I can say that Atli Orvarsson’s music score for TV show FBI is so good with the series storylines. Most of these plots are abkbout murder, rape, terrorism and just terrible things that truly exist in the real world. That the music uses synths and hooks and lots of omnious sounds is excactly what the show needs. can you imagine how unreal and UN-captivating it would be to see all that action and suspense with a nice happy tune? Really? All you who are ignorant about what a musical score for any mystery or dramatic action TV show like Chicago PD, Fire & Med think again thats excactly the music that is needed to bring home the message of the intensaty and heartpounding action! Thats its loud? no not really it doesnt muffle the characters lines it ads to them. FBI is an example of what suspense, drama and heart pounding action TV and movies should sound like 5 stars to the show and 5 stars to the master Mr. Atli Orvarsson, keep it going.

5. Lisa Noel says:

I hate the background music of the show FBI on CBS.

6. Lisa Noel says:

I have stopped watching FBI on CBS because the music is irritating.It’s awful to listen to.

7. Deanne says:

FBI Is a great show but the background music is distracting and annoying. It’s too loud and I can’t hear the dialogue!

8. John Russell says:

I agree with Julie George! The background music is so loud that it overrides the voices of the actors. It is grating on the nerves. All of this producers shows are this way. I like all of these shows but the music is just a little hard to handle! Please help so we can enjoy these programs.

9. Aly G says:

Love music BUT can’t hear the dialogue over it – might as well tune to a music channel and stop watching the tv shows. Disappointing!

10. The music is getting to be so annoying. The music is blah as can be. I know they are trying to save money, but they need to give someone else a chance at the music. My wife watches these shows but I have to decline because the music gets on my nerves. Same style music repeatedly.

11. Lynn B says:

I could possibly get into some of Dick Wolf shows if, as so many have said, SOMEONE ELSE WROTE THE SCORE! Obviously, Alti has nothing new in his library. It gets SO ANNOYING! Keeps me from watching all the Chicago shows, FBI, and so many Dick Wolf shows!