Carlos Rafael Rivera is reteaming with Scott Frank on the upcoming Netflix original mini-series Godless. The show is written and directed by Frank (The Lookout, screenwriter of Minority ReportLogan) and stars Jeff Daniels, Jack O’Connell, Michelle Dockery, Scoot McNairy, Sam Waterston, Kim Coates, Audrey Moore, Christiane Seidel, Randy Oglesby, Justin Welborn, Christopher Fitzgerald, Samantha Soule and Whitney Able. The 7-parter centers on an outlaw who is terrorizing the West as he hunts down his partner turned mortal enemy. The chase leads to the quiet town of La Belle, mysteriously made up entirely of women. Frank is also executive producing the period drama with Steven Soderbergh (TrafficErin BrockovichOcean’s 11The Knick) and Casey Silver (HidalgoLeatherheads). Rivera has previously scored Frank’s last directorial effort, A Walk Among the TombstonesGodless will premiere on November 22, 2017 on Netflix.

1. Kimberly Cuervo says:

Where can I find the soundtrack from Godless. I love the music and have been looking but can not find it.

2. Heather says:

I would love to know how to get the soundtrack as well. Great music along with a great series!

3. Chris says:

What is the name of the music playing at the end of the series?

4. JACOB says:

Anyone else feel like they know some of these songs. In one episode I thought I heard heard Nirvana. Great score

5. Hal says:

@Carlos Rafael Rivera
    The soundtracks ending episode 6 and 7 gave me goosebumps! I sure hope all the soundtracks gets released at some point, cause there’s some really amazing tunes in there that i’d like to add to my playlist 🙂 Made a post on the social media forum and hope to be hearing more of your music soon!

6. Cindy says:

Beautiful score. I would love to have access to a recording. It sounds like that is up to Netflix.

7. rbs says:

Carlos qual o nome da musica do episódio 5. Na tomada externa com os cavalos ?

• se você quer dizer a mesma música que toca quando Roy monta o cavalo preto no Episódio 3 – é apenas uma variante do tema da história.

8. Eli Helland says:

The music made me cry out OMG several times. Lived me up, mede me listen deeply. Would love to be able to hear it again.

9. David says:

How is this not currently available?!

One of the best scores in television history.

10. Salvador says:

Hey Rafael! How can i get the music sheet of the Main tittle theme E1?
    Gracias!

• Hola Salvador! Netflix es dueño de la musica y los derechos de reproducción. Hay que ver si comienza con permitir distribución de la banda sonora, y si se puede, partituras. Mientras tanto podría transcribir! Muchas gracias!

11. Genevieve says:

The score is phenomenal – I do hope it gets released!

12. Anthony Johnson says:

The soundtrack is beyond amazing. Great series but the music elevates every scene. I pray that Netflix make the soundtrack available or else what a waste. Thank you

13. Ahmed Awad says:

This score has absolutely been phenomenal and i don’t think I’ve heard any better in a while. Any idea as to when Netflix would release the score if they do decide to?

14. Penderghast says:

Okay, I’m gonna give in to the hype and watch the show. Haven’t seen excitement like this in a very long while. You should present this very thread to the higher-ups, Mr. Rivera, and it just might get things moving. A petition or two wouldn’t do any harm as well (this is for the fans 😉 ).

15. Nicolas Elgstrand says:

I have been looking for the Godless soundtrack for weeks now,absolutely gutted to find here that it isn`t available…yet I´m hoping!
    It is so mindblowingly good its just ridiculous really!
    The sound of the acoustic guitars in particular just kills me,may I ask who the player/s is?
    Netflix must be insane not to have released it.
    Finally some really good music and then its not available???
    In this day and age it makes no sense!
    Will post in every forum I can find to help this happen!
    Mr Rivera you are the MAN!!!!

16. Judy Lemcke says:

Most AMAZING soundtrack EVER!!!

17. Arto Kekkonen says:

Amazing soundtrack! Will have to email Netflix to publish it!

18. Niklas says:

The music playing in episode 6 during the love scene between Alice and Roy is absolutely beautiful, I sure hope Netflix decides to release an OST.

19. TJ says:

To Carlos Rafael Rivera,

Your music for Godless was truly superb. I think it took the audience into Scott Frank’s world perfectly and captured every subtle, beautiful detail on screen. Good music blends in naturally, but great music becomes a character all on it’s own. It merged perfectly with the cinematography. The shot after the Alice and Roy make love and cuts to Roy riding out to the distance. The music, the epic mixed in with the intimate…That was as perfect as it can get. Plus like everyone else. The music for the last scene (I’d say from when Roy leaves Alice to the end) The music rose in grandeur and beauty while still taking in the small moments. Just Perfect. The music has stayed with us since we saw it and I hope it gets released.

Amazing work.

20. Nicolas Elgstrand says:

Fabulous,I was hoping that it was you playing guitar for some reason!
    Theres a calmness in lack of a better word to the playing that I find very unusual to hear these days.And the cleanliness to the sound is divine!
    It fits so well to the score
    And Yeah the Cello is no joke either,she´s off the chain for sure!
    Will definitely contact Joy Adams for any cello in the future!
    Thanx for the reply and again,hats off to legendary music making!!
    Cheers

21. Jose' says:

What an extraordinary music! I was caught to the Godless series by the soundtrack and now I keep on coming back to the show just to listen.
    Congratulations Carlos, Thank you for bringing this to us all.
    I’ll wait for some more music from you in a nearby future.
    jl

22. Carlos, I know you are tired to hear such thing but I was just stunned about your music! Im a soundtrack lover and I hear things like this tons a day! When I was watching the serie and the theme came along I was thinkin “might be some well-known composer like bear mcreary (he did something like this with fiddle and cello to black flag serie). But when I saw your name (never heard before) I was surprised and so happy to know new faces and new styles! This serie OST is one of my favorites by far and inspired me a lot! Im a cellist and write pieces like this sometimes! Hope some day to learn more with you!!! 🙂

23. Lochin says:

LOVE THE SCORE!!! I’ve been playing to the main theme by ear with my violin. My favourite piece is the one for Blackdom but I can’t find it anywhere…

• thanks SO much – If we are fortunate enough to get a soundtrack release from Netflix, I would hope to include Blackdom for sure. The Final cue of episode 7 (Atascadero) as well as the first cue of episode 3 (Doubtful Canyon). Any other ideas? – BTW it is SO SO unbelievable to read all these posts. Very grateful

24. Behzad says:

I was blown away by your music and was searching for the OST and came across this thread only to find out it hasn’t been published(yet). I really hope Netflix will publish it so I can listen to it again. Through the whole scene of gun fight in episode 7 I was crying without knowing and I think the music had a lot to do with it. It was amazing. Thanks for a job well done.

25. Peter says:

Hi really enjoyed the soundtrack! can you tell me the name of the tune that plays at the end of episode 7 (the end of the series)?

• thanks Peter – the last cue is called Atascadero and the first half was written based on reading the script. Scott Frank told me they went scouting looking for locations while listening to the music. The last section was written to picture and is a variation on the Main Theme to a major key (although it seems simple, it took me FOREVER to find that!).

• Justin says:

The problem is some people think if they have the name of a cue (or song as some people mistakenly refer to them as), they can simply pop over to iTunes or some illegal file shaving site and get it.

• Ahh I see. I did find a few Youtube links that were recorded directly from the Netflix stream, but have the sound design mixed in, and are unfortunately of bad quality.

Netflix has only officially put out the Main Theme on YouTube.

Thanks for the heads up though!

26. Steve D says:

Was that intro a song a cover of anything? I love it

27. Dave G says:

love the score!!!
    Was trying to convince my wife that these were a ton of contemporary tunes reimagined. Think I heard Eurythmics, Red Hot Cilli Peppers, Chris Isaac, and the last scene I was thinking Bad Company. Am I nuts?!
    BTW – will buy when/if available!

• thank you!!! – not that I would consciously think of – but did grow up loving ALL of those artists! – not sure if Netflix will put the soundtrack out – I hear they usually don’t with in house productions. Fingers crossed!

28. Ricardo says:

Dear Mr. Rivera,

The soundtrack is really amazing.
    I watched episodes #6 and #7 several times just to hear it.
    And I have just sent an email to Netflix!
    Is there a way to be communicated if the soundtrack is released?
    Congratulations!!!

• Thanks for writing to them!!

if there ever is a soundtrack release, I will be sure to reply here on this board!!! – this has been the coolest experience!!! thanks to all for enjoying and making comments about the music !

29. Carlos, the music for godless is something to be proud of. Fantastic work! Now if only we could listen to it on spotify.. or anywhere!

30. Justin says:

Love the soundtrack so much!
    I want to know if Netflix has decided to release it? And where can I find it? Thanks so much for providing us such a high quality soundtrack!

31. Elidjah says:

The soundtrack is amazing ! What that piano piece was that was played when Roy leaves Lucy cole’s place with his brothers letter (episode 6) ?

32. Craig ledbetter says:

Truly such a fantastic score. One I was simply not expecting to be so good. Well done!

33. Tom Mangold says:

Is there a CD available in England of the music from “Godless” — one of the great music scores.

34. Rose says:

I just finished watching the series. I loved the music and have listened to the final piece repeatedly. I searched for the score on several sites before reading this and learning that Netflix has not yet made it available. Carlos, please bring all these comments to Netflix producers attention to persuade them to make the music available.

35. Brandon says:

Love the score! Creates such an awesome feel that works great with the content of the Godless story.

36. Christopher says:

I cannot remember the last time that I was so moved by a musical score like the one on this great show. Truly beautiful! Thank you for giving me/us such joy to listen to your creation. I truly hope to be able to get the soundtrack for personal enjoyment soon.

37. Larry Schnake says:

In a lengthy scene where Bill is breaking a horse, the score developed and evolved with each step towards the horse being set free from the corral. Film music hasn’t fused imagery and story like this for what seems like an eternity. Congratulations on all the attention this score richly deserves! I look forward to owning a Cd of it…hopefully soon!

• Thank you! This was one of the set pieces I knew we had to get right from the moment I read the screenplay. Another was the beginning of Episode 3 in Doubtful Canyon. Worked very closely with the amazing sound folks to make it all work together.

38. Marco Sangiacomo says:

This great score reminded me of Matt Elliott’s music

• Been listening to his stuff since you suggested his music. Wasn’t familiar at all and am really enjoying it – lots of classical in it (and amazing production value!)

39. Nina F says:

Amazing score! Was just watching episode 5 and sesrchubg for the music that starts when Roy and Alice are working at the well. Beautiful music – really hope Netflix will make a soundtrack!

40. Nina F says:

Amazing score! Was just watching episode 5 and searching for the music that starts when Roy and Alice are working at the well. Beautiful music – really hope Netflix will make a soundtrack!

41. Donna McCalden says:

I absolutely love the musical score! I didn’t want episode 7 to end so the piece could keep playing. How do we get Netflix to release the music so we can download, purchase, whatever. Thank you Carlos Rivera, for music to my ears!

42. Anna B says:

I was so emotionally moved by the first half of the music played at the end of Episode 7 when Roy leaves for California. It was such a nostalgic piece especially coupled with the visually stunning landscape shots. I live in the Midwest now but I’m originally from Arizona and it made me so homesick for the West Coast. I really hope the score is made available! I have been replaying the season 7 ending just to hear the music again. Absolutely brilliant work!

43. Marius Flugsrud says:

Hey there!

Just came across Godless, and I both loved the miniseries as well as the soundtrack!
    Can’t wait until its out!

Let me know if there’s anything I can do! 🙂

Again: Good job, and happy new year!

Regards,
    Marius Flugsrud

44. L casey says:

Music is Amazing! I really want to hear that
    Over and over! From the good book!..😇