On November 3, 2016, a number of film, television and visual media composers will reimagine and create new scores for classic silent films at the concert, Silent Films Live. The event presented by Education Through Music–Los Angeles member Angel Velez will take place at 7pm at the Malibu Screening Room and will be preceded by with a pre-concert interview and reception at 6pm featuring a discussion with the composers, moderated by Varèse Sarabande’s Robert Townson. Proceeds from the event support ETM-LA’s weekly music education programs at local disadvantaged Los Angeles schools. The event will kick off with an overture composed by Juhi Bansal (Where Shadow Chases Light) followed by original compositions for the following silent films:
- Modern Times – with music by Emmy Award winner Jeff Beal (House of Cards, Monk)
- One Week– with music by ASCAP Award winner Jeff Cardoni (Silicon Valley, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates)
- Battleship Potemkin – with music by Academy Award nominee John Debney (The Jungle Book, Passion of the Christ)
- The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari- with music by Emmy Award winner Laura Karpman (Black Nativity, Underground)
- Phantom of the Opera – with music by Emmy Award nominee Kevin Kiner (Jane the Virgin, CSI: Miami)
- The Great Train Robbery – with music by Grammy and Emmy Award nominee Jeff Russo (Fargo, The Night Of)
For more information about the concert and to buy tickets, click here.